Mailchimp Data Update (previously known as Export to Mailchimp) allows you to add and update Mailchimp records in your audiences. There are two different types of Updates for this process:
- Standard Update – this allows you to add AND update records in Mailchimp
- Group Update – this allows you to add existing contacts in Mailchimp to Groups, based on a cons code, solicit code, custom field or consent record
You can set the export to run as:
- Ad hoc, (one off) – manually triggered
- Scheduled – Set up a specific day and time for constituents to be added and updated on Mailchimp
Add a New Mailchimp Data Update Process
From the sidebar, select the Mailchimp ‘Chimp’ icon
Select either a Regular or Group Update, then select ‘New’, or ‘Copy From’ to duplicate an existing process for editing
Give your template a name (we recommend a strong naming convention) and choose either a one-off, or a regular scheduled export.
Follow instructions for the appropriate process below:
You can use the Mailchimp Data Update process to resubscribe a user to an audience, but only if the user was unsubscribed by an admin function. You cannot resubscribe a user who has unsubscribed themselves from your Audience.
If you wish to add a constituent to a group in Mailchimp you must first add them to the Audience.
Edit an Existing Process
- Head to the Template Manager, find the relevant template and select ‘Edit’
- Click on the drop-down menu and select the process you wish to change.
- Click ‘OK’ and make any changes you require.
- Click ‘Done’ on the final tab to save your changes. Please note: if this is an ad hoc process clicking ‘done’ will also run the process.
You can see any existing templates and their status by going to the ‘Template Manager‘ area.