- You may need to add an Audience, or add new fields to an existing one
- Consider your Audience Settings and Merge Tags
- To add the Constituent ID/LookupID or Address fields, make sure they are set up as text fields (Mailchimp formatted fields don’t play nicely with Blackbaud fields).
- You may want/need to add GDPR fields
- Tracking everyone sent
- If using Actions, you may want to set up Action/Interaction Attributes for Opens, Clicks and Campaign ID and Campaign Name. These need to be set up in database view and should always be text type fields.
- Managing mailing results
- You may need to create processes for how you manage unsubscribes, bounces etc. in your database, if you already have such processes make sure you can mirror them in Chimpegration
- Options include areas such as Consent, Custom Fields or marking the email address as “Do Not Contact”.
- You may need to add additional options for these areas if you would like to be able to track that this information came from Mailchimp.
- Using Lists/Queries in your database
- Review your Output on any List/Query that you are using with Chimpegration to ensure that it has all of the fields that you would like to work with in Mailchimp.